Please post this on your FB page
Today – Global Day of Prayer for Turkey – Sat Apr 18
In 2009 we asked the world to join us each year for a Global Day of Prayer for T on April 18, the day in 2007 when three of our brothers were tortured and brutally murdered in T. We offer these requests for your individual use or in your churches tomorrow.
As you pray, consider Paul’s words…
He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us again. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many. (2 Cor 1:10-11)
1. Please pray for the blessing and peace of T in general, as the Lord desires us to bless and be a blessing to all.
By the blessing of the upright the city is exalted…. (Prov 11:11)
2. Pray the Lord will display His love and mercy to the people of T by pouring out His Holy Spirit upon our land, revealing His glory through healings, signs and wonders.
3. Pray the Lord breaks down the lies and the endless disinformation about Christ, the Bible and Christians that has blinded and hardened hearts in our land. Pray that God redeems the negative memories of history.
Of course, we are living in the flesh, but we do not fight in a fleshly way. For the weapons of our warfare are not those of the flesh. Instead, they have the power of God to demolish fortresses. We tear down arguments and every proud obstacle that is raised against the knowledge of God, taking every thought captive in order to obey Christ.. (2 Cor 10:3-5)
4. Pray that hearts and eyes are opened to see Jesus as the way, the truth and the life.
5. Pray for the Turkish believers who are always on the frontline to walk close to the Lord. Pray for refreshing, emboldening, strengthening, protection and encouragement.
6. Pray for more servant hearted leaders. For good role models. For faithful laborers.
7. Pray for the ongoing unity amongst the churches and for its increase and deepening.
May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accordance with Christ Jesus that together you may, with one voice, glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. (Rom 15:5-6)
Thank you for your prayers. May the Lord’s hand be upon you always.
On behalf of the Body of Christ in T,
Alliance of Protestant Churches (Turkey)