“God sightings” (seeing God intervene in our lives) are such a wonderful way to see the Lord’s careful and precise working for us. In Hebrews 12 it says, “Run with endurance the race that He has set out for us, looking to Jesus the Author and Finisher of our faith.” Seeing the God sightings he has laid out for me increases my faith and gives me a basis to trust Him when the next crisis comes. In the past couple of weeks there were a series of God sightings I’d like to share some with you to help you spot yours.
- While using a 7 inch grinder to cut some metal, it kicked back and hit me in the face. The fast spinning cutting blade missed my head while the body slammed into my lips. Definite protection from the Lord! If the blade had it me, I’d be dead.
- Later while working on an embankment, I lost my balance and slowly rolled down it, landing with a big thud. This was followed by growingly intense pain in my back. It felt like a broken rib. But by the next morning I could work almost normally, a miraculous recovery!
- For some reason we didn’t know, our primary doctor sent Barbara to see a neurologist, but we went anyway. And he said he can potentially improve her balance and slow down her mental decline!
- Our primary doctor, on our last visit, told me that the next time I need medical attention to call her office and talk with a nurse for help instead of going to the emergency room. Just the info I needed when the inside of my mouth where the grinder hit me was becoming more and more painful, to the point where it hurt too much to eat, I was concerned it was infected, so called, but no nurse answered.
- Then just when we arrived at the neurologist’s office for Barbara’s appointment, the nurse called and after a somewhat lengthy conversation, just before being called in to Barbara’s neurologist, gave me a 4:15 appointment!
- Our appointment with the neurologist ended at 3:55. We jumped in the car and zoomed three towns over to the other appointment, arriving 5 minutes late and I was taken right in.
- The doctor said, “Good that you got here in time, 5 more minutes and I would have left!” She confirmed that I had an infection and prescribed me some antibiotics.
- By the next morning I was much better, able to eat again without problem—God strikes again!
It is so easy to either not notice these or to think, “That was lucky,” or “Nice coincidence,” instead of giving God credit and glory for His careful, loving care in our lives. Look for God sightings in your life and use them to grow your faith and glorify God, which is the purpose of our lives!